The PADI Wreck Diver course introduces the diver to wreck diving. This course is designed to develop skills and gain knowledge required to enjoy safe and fun wreck diving. The course is exciting, fun and adventurous, as you will visit underwater wrecks, unlock mysteries and gain the necessary knowledge and experience needed to see detail and things other divers will normally overlook. The course teaches the diver unique ways to enjoy rewarding and responsible wreck diving.
The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course will familiarize the diver with the skills, knowledge, planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and excitement of diving and exploring the Cape Town wrecks.
The purpose and goal of the PADI Wreck Diver course is to achieve the following:
- To learn new techniques and expand your knowledge on wreck diving
- To recognize and avoid potential hazards, and planning procedures that makes wreck diving fun
- To gain knowledge about the historical value of wrecks, and give explanations about these historical values and the social and legal issues surrounding them
- To be able to describe some of the implications surrounding wreck diving, including the pros and cons of removing artifacts from wrecks
- To be able to plan and organize dives and explore wrecks in a safe and responsible manner
- To be able to explore wrecks in conditions better or worse than those you have been trained in
- To be able to identify the hazards of wreck penetration diving, and to practice the techniques and procedures required to minimize or avoid those hazards
Support materials supplied by Orca Industries
Orca Industries provides its students with all the necessary training material including a PADI Wreck Diver Crewpak.
Requirements to enroll on a PADI Wreck Diver Course
- You must be 15 years or older and have a PADI Advanced Diver Certification
Included in the Orca PADI Wreck Diver Speciality Course
Orca Industries provides it’s students with full scuba / snorkelling equipment & gear, cylinders, integrated buoyancy compensators, demand valves with gauges, diving computers, octo’s, wet suits, masks & snorkels, fins, gloves & booties, weight belts and dive bags for the duration of the course.
Scuba Gear You’ll Use
Basic Scuba Gear, Accessories and Dive Computer.
What you learn from the PADI Wreck Diver Course
- Different techniques for diving and exploring shipwrecks
- How to be safe and avoid hazardous situations
- How to do research and learn about the historical background of different wrecks
- Different techniques on how to enter intact wrecks
- How to plan and organize wreck dives and at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
The PADI Wreck Diver Course is on Request only. To book the PADI Wreck Diver Course please contact us for more information or send your enquiry to email@example.com .