One of the most popular devices for cave descents worldwide. Offers exceptional control and versatility, while the self-braking function facilitates on-rope maneuvers.
- Self-braking function allows you to easily stop and maintain your position on rope
- Device can be rapidly installed or removed from the rope without disconnecting it from the harness
- May also be used to ascend short distances with the addition of an ascender and foot loop
steel and aluminum wheels
cam and wheels are replaceable if worn out
For use with single ropes between 9 and 12 mm in diameter
Large-size figure-of-eight descender for comfortbale belay.
Breaking strength: 40 kN
Weight: 145 g
Originally designed for caving, the Stop Descender is a device that stops or considerably slows descent when the handle is released.
- Locking mechanism can be disabled with a carabiner when a hand is needed to negotiate a drop
- Handle is squeezed to descend normally, controlling speed with the other hand; slack rope can easily be taken up
- All control surfaces are stainless steel
- Works best with clean, flexible rope, stiff rope may result in greatly impaired or reduced friction and the stop feature may be inoperative
Warning: Stop feature is a convenience feature for temporary stopping on descent and not a safety for uncontrolled rappels.