This multi-purpose belay/rappel device is lightweight and easy to use. The asymmetrical V-shaped grooved friction channels adapt the friction for better control using our ARC (Adaptive Rope Control) technology.
- Ultra-light design
- A single device for all rope types:
- V-shaped friction channels:
- Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls:
- Carabiner hole to release device when loaded in Reverso mode: allows the loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner
- Rope friendly, facilitates belay and rope handling
- Intuitive use
- Use with symmetrical shaped locking carabiners (Am'D or OK) to maximize efficiency no matter which end is closest to the device
The GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top roping. It may be used on all single dynamic 8.9 to 11 mm ropes on the market (ideal at 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm). Both compact and ultra-light, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany you on climbs around the world for many years. The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent.
- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Assisted braking capability: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding.
- The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. In combination with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of control when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The GRIGRI 2 is compact and ultra-light at 185 g (25 % smaller and 20 % lighter than the GRIGRI)
- The construction includes a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (ideal at 9.4 to 10.3 mm)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
The Mad Scientists have done it again. This time, we've taken an ordinary belay device and made it into a stylish, multipurpose device. The Mad Lock is engineered out of aircraft quality aluminum to create a lighter frame. It has a unique design to provide an innovative new way to control speed of descent and look good while doing it. You can use it to belay the leader, the second, lock off, or even open beer bottles. The innovative 45 degree loading design allows for the belay to lower the second climber without creating a leverage advantage. The removable pin allows you to use ropes from 8.4mm G-Strings to 11mm tactical monsters. What more can you ask for?