Orca Industries has 3D printed a special adapter that replaces the snorkel of the UNICA full face masks, allowing a common HME, mechanical or electrostatic, sanitary breathing filter to be fitted.
In doing so, the mask now allows to breathe filtered air that significantly reduces the risk of contagion, transforming the full face mask into an Individual Protection Device (PPE) thus enabling the user to be completely protected.
The SEAC® Unica full face masks are designed for snorkeling purposes allowing the breathe with both the nose with the mouth.
They cover the whole face through an antiallergic liquid silicone membrane.
Compared to the other full-face masks on the market, SEAC® masks have a special patent where air inlet and outlet ways are well separated, which allows to guarantee a decidedly low respiratory effort, particularly important feature in case used by
doctors and healthcare professionals.
In this way, the possibility of breathing the anhydride that is exhaled is eliminated, which would entail risks such as: dizziness, fainting or loss of consciousness.
SEAC® follows two fundamental principles for the design of the full-face masks:
• the respiratory effort by the user must be as low as possible, comparable to the
natural one, out of the water;
• the level of residual CO2 inside the mask during the inspiration phase must be well
below the safety limits.
As there is still no European regulation, SEAC® has developed a series of specific tests according to the values set by the following European standards:
• EN 1972: 2015 which establishes the requirements for the design and production
of snorkel tubes, limited to respiratory efforts;
• EN 16805: 2015 which establishes the requirements for the design and production
of diving masks;
• EN 136: 2000 which establishes the minimum requirements for the production of
so-called “full” respiratory protection masks, limited to the control tests of CO2 in
the inspired air;
• EN 250: 2014 relating to breathing apparatus for open-circuit underwater breathing
apparatus for compressed air cylinders and its components, limited to CO2 control
test in the inspired
1X Unica Full Face Mask
HME Filter not included