The PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality course is intended for divers who have an interest in aquatic life. This is where you will learn why some underwater creatures behave in a certain way and what their role in the aquatic ecosystem is. The course teaches divers to pay more attention to their underwater surroundings by looking for symbioses, predator and prey, and the interesting relationships between aquatic plant and animal life.
This exciting course not only teaches the diver what fish and aquatic & marine life are, but also how they interact with each other and their surrounding environment. This course introduces the diver to the underwater aquatic environment and develops safe and responsible aquatic life interaction techniques.
Why the PADI Underwater Naturalist Course?
The PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality course is ideal for those interested in becoming underwater conservationists who want to document what they see and find.
Those who complete the PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality course will also enjoy the following specialty courses:
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course
- PADI Underwater Photography course
Requirements to enroll for a PADI Underwater Naturalist Course
- You must be 12 years or older and have a PADI Open Water Diver
Included in the Orca PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality Course
Orca Industries provides it’s students with basic scuba / snorkelling equipment & gear, cylinders, integrated buoyancy compensators, demand valves with gauges, diving computers, octo’s, wet suits, masks & snorkels, fins, gloves & booties, weight belts and dive bags for the duration of the course.
What you learn from the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialist Course
- You will learn interesting facts about the major aquatic life groupings and their interactions
- You will learn about the role of aquatic plants in the ecosystem, different food chains and about the different relationships between predator and prey
- How to interact in a responsible manner with aquatic life
- You will learn how to view different organisms and their roles in their underwater environment
The PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality Course is on Request only. To book the PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality Course please contact us for more information or send your enquiry to email@example.com .